Anxiety is the most common symptom I hear about when I first meet a new person in my practice. Together we begin to understand the source and emotions that get ignored and result in anxiety. Your head may seem muddled, your thoughts racing, your stomach churning or you may feel weak and faint and feel like you might be about to pass out or die. Yes it can feel that bad. You are not alone. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, 40 million adults, or 18% of Americans, experience an anxiety disorder. The good news? There is help.
Anxiety is not your fault or caused by anything you have or haven’t done. You can learn to connect with the moment, the now of your existence and live a happier, healthier life. Some simple coping skills include deep breathing, visualization, attending to the moment, and tapping. Often we will go deeper into your emotions or past mini-traumas that have blown up into daily triggering issues. Often there is a trigger that I can help you desensitize. The process will be tailored to your unique needs and goals.
So, if you frequently experience…
– Constant feelings of dread
– A pounding heart, the racing heightened by the slightest of frights
– Anticipating the worst, regardless of evidence
– Physical symptoms like headaches, sweating, shakes and jumpiness, trouble concentrating, a frequent need to urinate and stomach uneasiness
Or if you often think…
– “It’s safer to stay at home.”
– “But what if…”
– “I can’t breath / do this / relax / stop / switch off!”
– “They or I could be in danger!”
…Then I’m glad you are reading this and please contact me to start a walking a new path toward freedom from anxiety.